Last update: May 31st 2018
1. DOHAKAC.COM’S APPROACH TO PRIVACY
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
2.1 We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or via our platform. This can include information you provide when you register to use the platform, create an account on our platform, register to our newsletters, visit one of our showrooms, use a tablet or similar device in one of our showrooms, complete a form, provide feedback or reviews on our products or platform, enter competitions through our platform, correspond with us, purchase products from the platform, subscribe to our email lists or respond to surveys or promotions.
2.2 The categories of personal data we collect include the following:
- (a) Contact details: Such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- (b) Profile information: Such as your contact details (as above) and other any information you share when ordering a product
- (c) Payment and transaction information: Records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method, and credit/ debit card details, you use for the transaction.
- (d) Information about products you have looked at: We collect information about the products that you have looked at on the platform or in one of our showrooms, or that you have added to your basket on the platform.
- (e) Information about how you use and connect to the online service:
- (i) We automatically collect information about how you use the platform such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the platform and duration you are on it, the platform you come to the platform from or go to after leaving the platform and selections and choices you make when using the platform.
- (ii) We also automatically collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the platform such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the platform through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if it has one).
- (iii) Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to the platform is associated with your device.
- (f) Information about your location: Other than information you choose to provide to us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
- (g) Information from fraud prevention organisations: Where permitted by law, if fraudulent activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
2.3 We also automatically collect personal data indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on the platform or the device you connect to the platform with, or the products you add to your wishlist using a tablet or similar device in one of our showrooms.
2.4 We may also collect personal data about you from Facebook via its Connect functionality: The received information includes login details and profile information such as your log-in token, user name and photo and other information from that service as permitted by you and that service.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 We will also use your personal data for the purposes specifically described below:
3.2 We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the platform, developing new products and features or displaying information about the purchases made via our platform such as the most popular purchases or purchases based on an approximate location.
3.3. We process your personal data (i) with your consent, (ii) when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you (for example, the contract of sale), (iii) where we are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation), and/or (iv) when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not disclose personal data to anyone. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the platform but we will make sure that no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
5. MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
5.1 Email Marketing - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our similar products and services which we think you may be interested in if you agree [at the point of registration / sale]. Thereafter, if you do not want us to send you email marketing, please use the contact details provided. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send you.
5.2 Email Notifications About Your Order or Changes to the Services We Provide - We may send you email notifications in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
5.3 Advertising on the Site and other social media websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our platform or on other platforms. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the platform or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the platform, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the platform or the e-mail address you provide to us or our platform. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the platform or other platforms or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
5.5 The techniques our advertising partners use recognise the device or e-mail address you are using. Typically cookies and similar technologies are used to provide this type of advertising.
6. STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7.1 You may have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
7.2 You can exercise the above rights by contacting us using the details provided at any time. All requests will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity and any delay will be kept to a minimum.
7.3 There are exceptions to these rights; for example, access may be refused if it would reveal personal data about another person or if we are prevented from disclosing such information by law.
7.4 We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the competent data protection authority.
7.5 When we ask you to supply us with your personal data we will make it clear whether the data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
8.1 We will retain your information, whether or not your account is active, for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
9.1 The platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party platforms of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these platforms, please note that these platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those platforms.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
11. NOTICE TO YOU
12. CONTACTING US